Below is an Islaahi letter that was sent to Hazrat Ml. Yunus Patel (RA) and Hazrat’s reply. Taken from here.
Asalaamu ‘alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh. Respected Maulana, I will soon be turning 15 years of age and I have become extremely interested in girls and also in a sexual way. I find the temptations around to be very great and fear falling into sins. Please guide and advise me. I need your help.
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem, Wa ‘alaikumus Salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh
- The feelings you are experiencing as a 15 year old are normal for the youth of the day.
- Youth is described as a period of “madness” – where a person can easily give into the temptation and invitation towards sins, and the demands of his own ego and evil desires. So it is important for a young Muslim, who has come of age, to keep before him that he is considered as a Muslim adult in sharee‘ah and he is now accountable to Allah.
As a young adult, the command from Allah is to adopt taqwa – that is to resist the temptations of sins; to be obedient to Allah and His Rasul ﷺ.
The hadith makes mention that that young person who spends his youth in the obedience and worship of his Creator, will be granted the tremendous honour of being provided with the shade of Allah’s ‘arsh (throne) on the Day of Resurrection. Moreover, one’s life becomes full of blessing and goodness and Allah grants success as well.
I have also mentioned, when addressing youth, that in the word “youth” is the word “you”. You are in youth. So you either make your youth a means of goodness and success for yourself – or you make that youth a means of disaster, damage and harm to your life and deen.
Sadly, a large number of youth have destroyed their lives and futures, by fantasizing or engaging in haraam activities. So you should not go the same route of disaster; rather you should look after your youth and not fall for the temptations of sins.
- Keep pondering over the aayah: “And He is with you wherever you are”. By developing the conscious awareness of the presence of Allah at all times, the person will naturally feel ashamed to commit sins, knowing that Allah is watching, hearing, and aware. And we should also keep in mind the angels that are always in attendance, writing down every single action carried out.
- Follow these few guidelines for protection and goodness InshaAllah:
– Perform your 5 times Salaah daily.
– Stay in good, pious company,
– Adopt the dress of the Sawliheen (the pious). Keep the beard one fist length and the pants above the ankles.
– Lower the gaze from haraam. By protecting the gaze, the heart and mind will be protected, InshaAllah; and the person will lead a chaste life.
– Guard the heart from Haraam.
– Read good literature and listen to good talks. InshaAllah you will be protected
– Make a lot of istighfaar and taubah over shortcomings and weaknesses.
- It is generally bad company and exposure to bad reading material or media (such as the internet, mxit, facebook, magazines, novels with an immoral content, etc) that result in a lot of spiritual harm and damage. So be very cautious not to get caught up in what will lead to and even trap in sins.
- Read the articles: Giving up sins, Giving up Haraam Fantasizing and Lowering the Gaze. InshaAllah, they will offer benefit and guidance in overcoming the weakness.
- If you have the opportunity, then attend or listen to the weekly programmes. These are also audio-streamed. Alhamdulillah, many young people, in different parts of the world, find the weekly advices a means of protection for them.
- We are all vulnerable to sin and whilst we have to make an effort to protect ourselves from sins, we have to continuously make du‘aa that Allah grants us His special protection, grant us courage, as well as His mercy and forgiveness.
Was Salaamu ‘alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh
Yunus Patel (Maulana)